Hours & Holidays in Villa Clara
As in the rest of the country, the standard working hours in Villa Clara are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm throughout the year. Obviously there are some exceptions for holidays and special celebrations.
A national clock change is made from the standard time to the daylight saving time, where the clocks are advanced 1 hour. This change is known as summer time and is generally used from March to November.
In Villa Clara one of the most important festivities are the traditional parrandas that take place throughout the central area of Cuba. The Remedios Parrandas, wich takes place on December 24, are the most known and declared by UNESCO Intangible Heritage of Humanity. The towns of Camajuaní, Vueltas, Zulueta and Caibarién also stand out for their parrandas. In the city of Santa Clara, these types of festivities are known as carnivals, have other characteristics and are scheduled for the last days of July.
Main holidays in Villa Clara, Cuba:
- Triumph of the revolution (January 1st)
- Victory Day (January 2nd)
- Anniversary of Jose Marti (January 28th)
- Victory of Cochinos Bay (April 19th)
- Worker’s Day (May 1st)
- Commemoration of the assault to Moncada (from July 25 to 27th)
- Day of National Rebellion (July 26)
- Anniversary of the Death of Che Guevara (October 8)
- Independence Day (October 10)
- Anniversary of the Death of Camilo Cienfuegos (October 28)
- Anniversary of the Death of Antonio Maceo (December 7)
- Christmas (December 25)
- Christmas Eve (December 31)