publié 2018-05-14 par
One of the best hotels in Havana awaits you: the new 5-star Iberostar Grand Packard hotel
In the emblematic Paseo del Prado, and next to iconic buildings such as the Velasco Palace or the National Capitol Building, one of the best hotels in Havana awaits you: the new 5-star Iberostar Grand Packard hotel. Enjoy the most exclusive services and discover how time stops in the streets of the old town, which is bursting with authentic colonial architecture and vintage cars.
- Relax in the bars of Old Havana. The old town, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982, is an ideal place to try the excellent Creole cuisine, a mojito or aged rum in one of the must-see bars such as El Floridita or La Bodeguita del Medio.
- A luxury hotel with all the services you need. Your hotel in Havana has everything you need for a really unique holiday in the Caribbean: with a concierge service, a choice of pillows for a great night’s sleep, a medical and laundry service and lots more.
- Take in a show at the Gran Teatro de La Habana. This institution is home to the prestigious National Ballet of Cuba and one of the most elegant monuments of the city. You'll love it!
- Check out the city from the roof of the Bacardi Building. If you are looking for exceptional views of the city, just go up to the roof of the Bacardi building, a gorgeous piece of Art Deco architecture from which you can enjoy unparalleled views of Havana. Although, if you do not feel like going out, you can also enjoy exceptional panoramic views of the Morro Castel and the boardwalk from the hotel terrace.
- · 321 rooms and suites to relax in.When it comes to getting some shut-eye we adapt to your preferences. At your hotel in Havana, you can choose between our Standard rooms, Mini-suites, Junior Suites and Suites. However, if you are looking for something even more exclusive, then choose a room in the Star Prestige area, which is located in a separate part of the hotel and offer many special services.
- · Give in to the Cuban cuisine. Get up close and try the genuine taste of the Antilles in the hotel's bars and restaurants, where we offer you the best gourmet cuisine. Our team of chefs will surprise you with carefully prepared specialties, using ingredients of the highest quality. You won't find anything like it outside the resort.
You can’t leave the Iberostar Grand Packard Hotel without:
- Watching the sunset from the boardwalk of La Habana.Witness one of the most beautiful sunsets in the Caribbean. Gorgeous scenes complete with fishermen at work, children playing in the waves and numerous street groups livening up the end of the day with their music. Check out one of the private restaurants, known as paladares, where you can eat well for a good price.
- Take a tour of the Avenue Carlos III in a convertible Almendron. These cars which have become iconic of Havana are perfect for touring this boulevard full of shops and old cinemas. Try it out for yourself. You will feel like you have travelled back in time!
- Shop for second hand books in Plaza de Armas.From Monday to Saturday, this charming square is home to the most famous second hand market in Havana. Under the shade of palm trees and the statue of the independence leader Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, there are dozens of stalls selling books on the Cuban revolution and other emblematic themes.
The best kept secret:
- The Cuban hideaway of Pablo Neruda and Marlon Brando. Both the legendary Chilean writer and the star of The Godfather stayed at this hotel, which opened in 1911 under the name the Hotel Biscuit. The project to rehabilitate the building is the work of the Spanish Pritzker Prize winning architect Rafael Moneo, responsible for the expansion works of the Prado Museum in Madrid and the Roman Art Museum in Merida.