Nature in the Villa Clara Province
The plains and mountains of Villa Clara are part of the typical Cuban landscape. In the plains of palms and ceibas, cane and minor fruits are mostly grown thanks to the excellent soils of the region; Villa Clara's nature also consists of mountains, in which coffee is grown and in them different endemic species of high ecological value predominate.
Natural Protected Areas in Villa Clara, Cuba
- Protected Natural Landscape (PNP), Hanabanilla
- Managed Floristic Reserve (RFM), Sabanas de Santa Clara
- Managed Floristic Reserve (RFM), Monte Ramonal
- Ecological Reserve (RE), Mogotes de Jumagua
- Featured Natural Element (END), Eye of Mégano
- Wildlife Refuge (RF), Las Picúas - Cayo Cristo
- Wildlife Refuge (RF), Lanzanillo-Pajonal-Fragoso
- Protected Area of Managed Resources (APRM), Buenavista
- Ecological Reserve (RE), Cayo Francés
- Wildlife Refuge (RF), Las Loras
- Wildlife Refuge (RF), Cayo Santa María
- National Park (PN), Los Caimanes.