What should you know if you travel to Cuba from November 15, 2021?
Update of health protocols for entering Cuba from November 15, 2021
Based on the favorable evolution of the country's vaccination process, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism together with other competent bodies have decided to announce the following measures that will favor the reactivation of tourism in Cuban territory.
• The mandatory quarantine of international travelers upon arrival in the country as of November 7 is eliminated.
• As of November 15, the border entry PCR-RT will be eliminated.
• All international travelers (Cubans or foreigners) arriving in the country must present a health passport or international anti-COVID-19 certificate of those vaccines certified by the corresponding regulatory agencies.
• All travelers who do not present a health passport or international anti-COVID-19 vaccination certification, are obliged to present a COVID-19 negative RT-PCR certification at arrival no less than 72 hours before traveling, performed in a certified laboratory in the country of origin.
• Epidemiological surveillance of international sanitary control will be maintained at all Entry Points (ports, airports and marinas).
• Children under 12 years of age, regardless of their nationality, upon arrival in Cuba, will be exempt from presenting a vaccination schedule or RT-PCR test.
• The presentation of the Traveler's Declaration of Health (Affidavit of Health) will be required for all those who arrive in the country.
• The mandatory use of the face mask or face mask is maintained within the air and port terminals, as well as throughout the country.
• To board the flight at origin, the airlines will require their passengers to provide evidence of a vaccination scheme, or a negative RT-PCR test applied within 72 hours beforehand.
• The International Sanitary Control staff will carry out random sampling for RT-PCR at the airport. All international travelers who arrive in the country through any Point of Entry and present signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or another communicable disease, will be referred to a health institution for this purpose and will be tested for RT-PCR.
• Epidemiological surveillance of tourists in hotel facilities will be maintained during their stay in the country, for them medical assistance is strengthened with the location of basic health equipment, with the aim of making international tourism a safer and more reliable activity .
• The owners of rental houses or people who host non-resident travelers in the country are responsible for immediately informing the corresponding health authorities of the appearance of any symptoms that they present.
• The health areas in the community will maintain the epidemiological surveillance of tourists staying in private homes, establishing the obligation to appear before the health authorities, in case of presenting signs or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
• For Cuban travelers residing in the country, the obligation to appear at the family doctor's office or health area is restored within a period of no more than 48 hours after their arrival, to be followed up by the family doctor.
• All Cuban travelers residing in the country, if not vaccinated, will take a sample to perform the SARS-CoV-2 antigen test, on the 7th day of arrival in their health area and if they present symptoms, they will be treated as a suspicious case.
US dollars (USD) will not be accepted, at the Exchange Houses (CADECA) it will be possible to exchange the currencies of Canadian dollar (CAD), Swiss franc (CHF), euro (EUR), British pound (GBP), Japanese yen (JPY) ) and Mexican pesos (MXN).
The cards to operate in Cuba are: VISA, MASTERCARD, American International Service (AIS), not issued by institutions or banks in the United States or offices of these institutions in other countries. Prepaid cards may be requested in MLC at Banco de Crédito y Comercio (BANDEC) and Casas de Cambio S.A. (CADECA) and can be purchased in any currency. For more information about the cards and the currency click here.
Cuban Internal Market
As of November 15, complying with the established protocols, the Cuban population will be able to enjoy all the tourist offers in the country. As interprovincial and intermunicipal mobility increases and the situation of each territory will increase the activity.
As of October 25, 2021, Varadero, Cayo Santamaria, Cayo Coco, and Cayo Guillermo, open the doors to domestic tourism. The commercialization of all open facilities will begin.
Tourist Information Centers in Ciego de Ávila
In Ciego de Avila you can get tourist information through the network of Infotur Centers, which puts within your disposal all the updated tourist information about Ciego de Avila, Cuba, through free printed and digital supports. In Jardines del Rey you can find us in the center of Ciego de Avila city, 12th building, lower levels; also in Cayo Coco, in the International Airport Jardines del Rey and in the mall ¨La Gaviota¨.
Also you can satisfy your informative necessities and have the possibility of reserve accommodation and excursions in the travel agencies offices: Ecotur, Cubatur, Havanatur, Viajes Cubanacan and Gaviota tours, located in the main cities of the province and across the Cayos Coco and Guillermo.
Hotels in Ciego de Avila, Cuba
We have a hotel industry that grows every year, putting within your disposition all-inclusive hotels like Meliá, Iberostar, Blue Diamond, Accor, and others, that provide you the most beautiful beaches with fine sands of coral origin, warm waters, with little underwater slope, gentle currents and the grace of not having dangerous animals, in order to enjoy the preference of the whole family.
Dining, Shopping & Services
At the same time, do not lose the opportunity of visiting places outside the hotels that have typical foods and drinks, art, traditional culture, also souvenirs, the best rums, tobacco and Cuban coffee; just go to restaurants and nightclubs of Palmares and the specialized stores of Caracol.
To make international messaging visit DHL express in Honorato del Castillo Street, 12th building lower levels, Ciego de Avila.